Woah, when did that happen?
I was a mid-00s blogger before it was cool. Man, you should have seen the lame site design back then. It was awful.
Anyway, everything was pretty chill around here, writing about personal finances and eating grain and dairy free. Then we had a baby (and another one after that).
BOOM. “Life as I knew it” never recovered.
(Or as my husband would tell you… “It’s the best way I’ve ever ruined my life.”)
Life [Comma] Etc is my home to sort it all out.
The first step was burning it all down. That’s right, 555 of smug, know-it-all, mid-00s SEO flushed down the toilet. But it was the only way this writer could justify moving forward as if nothing ever happened.
Here are the conversation starters I’d use to introduce us IRL if we were to meet:
- I run my own business and my husband recently came home to be a SAHD
- I started my career as a teacher and it was awful; I built (and recently sold) Life After Teaching as a memorial to my days in the classroom
- I have a relatively benign but inconvenient Autoimmune disease
- We have two toddlers, neither was all that much into “sleeping” until about 18 months into this thing, and both were c-sections
- We’re in a lot of credit card debt, and I love talking about and earning money to get rid of it
- My husband and I combined our last names to create our family name. About 8 years going strong.
If it’s no sweat off your back, commenting on posts completely makes my day. If you like something, please let me know!
You can also sign up for email updates so you don’t have to check in on the blog (no spam, ever). Just click here and type in your email!