Jesus, please break my heart.
Hello, my name is Sarah, and that’s the prayer I pray every day.
(And woah woah woah — be careful what you pray for).
I was raised Catholic, but more culturally Catholic, so I grew up to be the kind of religion-hating feminist we read about on the headlines of HuffPo and worse. Really, in another life, I could have been the next Lena Dunham.
Thank God for his mercy, because the beauty in my life definitely did not come from me.
I’m learning new things about life, Catholicism, and personhood every day. Life [Comma] Etc is my home to sort it all out. Here’s what I’ve figured out so far:
- I married my best friend and we created our own last name.
- We also created Benedict, AKA Bdubbs.
- I have an Autoimmune disease and it took us a while to get pregnant (and even when I got pregnant, I was afraid it wasn’t going to work out). Everyone’s solution is different, but if you’re looking for solutions, I highly recommend the Paleo diet lifestyle and Whole30 as a natural path to helping your body heal itself.
- We’re working our way out of debt: stupid-debt, car debt, student loan debt, and otherwise. Sometimes in pie chart form.
- But that means I’m always in the kitchen and I meal-plan like a crazy person.
- I had a bad experience as a teacher in a public school, so I wrote an eBook to help unhappy teachers leave. Now I’m a full-time freelance writer, and I live and breath HR, and I love it.
- I had a generally bad time growing up Catholic, but came back to the church in 2012 thanks to the Dynamic Catholic movement. Now, “‘I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else,’ (CS Lewis). And I want to help other Millennials and anti-religious leaning friends understand the truth about our culture, especially in regards to sex.
- To reclaim that Catholic culture, I’m trying to read as many Catholic books as possible. This year, I hope to tackle the whole Theology of the Body. Let’s see how that goes!
If it’s no sweat off your back, commenting on posts completely makes my day. If you like something, please let me know!
You can also sign up for email updates so you don’t have to check in on the blog (no spam, ever). Just click here and type in your email!