Here’s how we did in March:
- Enjoy several church-centered events. By far the coolest part of the month was the family, friends, and faith events. We had tons of people over to our modest apartment and my face hurt from smiling for most of the month.
- Schedule eBook social media. Total fail!
- Call our bank contact about setting up a business account and follow through. Technically, I did call him! Haha, I didn’t set an appointment or make any progress, though.
- Focusing on service at work. Tricky question, because…. I got a new job!
- Get into a new schedule at work. Listen, guys, I kind of got a new job! I am all content and new media at a start-up IT firm that’s much closer to home. It was a bittersweet (and quick) process, but so far…. it’s freaking awesome! JHubbs and I even get to commute together, so our gas consumption is a quarter of what it was just a few weeks ago. (We’ve gone from about $400/month or more to about $30 per week…. WOW, right?).
- Prepare for my mentor meetings with JMoney from Budgets Are Sexy. I can’t believe my luck — I am participating in the Bloggers Helping Bloggers session and I got hooked up with JMoney! That means a phone call each week to talk blogging, goals, and general awesomeness.
- Successfully plan and execute entertainment for the Monument Avenue 10K. Kind of cheating here, because it went off without a hitch last weekend! It was awesome and I got some great photos out of it (not to mention some sun and reading time while JHubbs was playing!).
- Get back into a blogging rhythm. With the launch of my eBook, I had planned to rock April with promotional posts. But to be honest, even I am getting kind of bored with those, so I can only imagine what my readers are feeling. I’ll continue with the guest posts around the blogosphere, but tone the eBook promotion on my own blog down to once per week. That means more writing! And since that’s what I do for a living now, it’s kind of hard to get back on the computer when I get home and type for myself. Or maybe I’ll give myself a weekend appointment to get it all done…. we’ll see. But, I’m back, baby!
- Make a Style Guide for Life [Comma] Etc. It’s hard to remember whether I do headlines in Header 3 or Header 5 sometimes, or how large I like my photos to be. I’d like to make a printout to hang near my desk to make that stuff a no-brainer.
- Stay Paleo + Rice. I have the official direction from my doctor to go dairy, wheat, and sugar-free. Let me tell you, the first week or few days was intensely awful. I felt downright hungover and angry most of the time. But now that I’m into the rhythm, I feel fantastic and I look forward to improvements. The siren call of chocolate (or the unlimited free chocolate chip cookies at work….) don’t even tempt me anymore! Look forward to a better breakdown/explanation/day in the life food plan later!