Here’s how July went:
Work out two times per week
Yes! Josh absolutely loved his class and I successfully went with him and walked for the hour three times per week. Boo ya.
Replenish our safety net to $500
This was a close one, but we made it! We had a large windfall that made up the entirety of our safety fund, bringing us to a $1000 nest egg of feeling safe. Now we can truly relax into chasing after debt like gazelles (Dave Ramsey reference, y’all…)
Appreciate summer once per week
With this goal in mind, we took time to appreciate fresh cantaloupe and farm tomatoes, the outdoors, and summer drinks like lemonade and wine. Even though wine is year round….
Get through Topics 2, 3, and 4 towards theACFPE Accreditation
Nope. This month in work has been especially challenging (and will be through the middle of August) so what little free time I had I prioritized for working out and JHubbs!
Break 1,000,000 on my Alexa rating
Set up the Kindle with the local library
I don’t know why I put this off so long, but I finally looked up what to do on the library’s website (a PDF like this) and made it happen. Sweet!
Read two books
I had the pleasure of re-reading Elizabeth Gilbert’s Committed, which I highly recommend for anyone getting married, who already is married, or who one day might consider getting married. I also reread her book Eat Pray Love. I have a lot of opinions about these books, but the bottom line is that I am sucker for Elizabeth Gilbert.
Be social each week
This was a July fail, unfortunately. We had plans a few times, but they were usually cancelled by both parties for random reasons. Does holing up in the recording studio for two days with April and Chuck count? Hopefully August will be better!
- Get back on that ACFPE Accreditation horse by planning weekly study sessions. Preferably Sundays, 2-4pm, in a book store.
- Exercise three times per week. Since JHubbs started the local SEAL Team PT classes, I have been consistent in walking for one hour, three times per week. We are both reaping the benefits of feeling healthier and more motivated.
- Read two books. I love heading to bed a half hour early and zoning out with a book. But when I stay up too late it doesn’t happen. So…. new priority.
- Be social each week. I will try to hedge our bets by making plans early on in the month for each of the weekends.
- Earn $100 in side-hustle income. JHubbs and I are writing for a few “content farms” to generate side-hustle money. It would also be great to get some music or blog income to help us reach the $100 mark. (I will probably include “freebies” in this earning genre, because sometimes JHubbs just gets paid in free drinks and a pizza, which is really like a $30 date night, right?).