I wouldn’t say that November was a complete failure…. but wow, I was not paying attention.
Celebrate our first anniversary in style.
We went out to dinner, but definitely nothing extravagant. But what kind of trouble can you really get into on a Monday night??
Read two books.
Try two new crock pot recipes.
Complete fail. Though I made some great scratch calzones!
Exercise twice per week with JHubbs.
Double woof. Couch zombie this month
Dress up for work once per week.
I did okay on this! Dressing up, for me, means not-jeans and doing my hair. The first few times I got a few raised eyebrows in the office, so I can tell I need to keep working on my image (Which also means just biting my lip and spending money on clothes. Not my strength.)
Use my own photos on 100% of my posts.
Very proud of this, though sometimes I’ll admit the photos weren’t as on-topic as I’d like. No where to go but up!
Limit gluten and wheat products to once per day.I did all right on this, as well. On days I stayed clear of gluten 99%, I had much more consistent moods, etc.
Of course, this list does not express my successes this month, which I will highlight here:
- I picked up a blogging client through my queries. Not a bank-breaker, but very exciting in my world!
- I sent off a five-page poetry submission and a 1000 word nonfiction essay submission to different magazines. These are like lotto tickets in my mind, but I put a lot of time into it and I am proud to have sent off a finished copy of something.
- JHubbs and I sent off a 10-page query letter representing our YA novel to a publishing agent. Just. Wow. Yes.
- I maintained a good balance of being social and having rest time. My mental health is a thousand times better off for this than it was through October!
- We have a balanced and budgeted financial plan for the Christmas season. Perhaps the first time… ever? I feel so grown up!
- We overpaid our personal loan payment (post to come on that!). Not by as much as I wanted to, but every little bit makes us feel great.
- We went to a concert (the Silversun Pickups) on a work night. Social victory!
Goals for December
- Celebrate a classy and on-our-own-terms New Years Eve. Usually we are fulfilling family obligations which (while fun, because my family is awesome) just isn’t the same as a good old fashioned friends bash.
- Visit our college town in style and on-budget this coming weekend.
- Exercise ten minutes per day. Especially during the holidays, this will be so important. Any ideas for making it a priority? I realized I love dancing, so maybe I’ll watch an episode of Glee and do some hard-core boogeying during the songs and jog in place during the drama a few times per week. At the very, very least, I think it would be good to aim for consistency over longevity. Exercising doesn’t need to be an hour long sweatfest every time.
- Limit gluten and wheat products to once per day. Still just feel better when I do.
- Overpay on our personal loan.
- Dress up for work once per week.
- Use my own photos on 100% of my posts.