After reading about some insane benefits at places like Google and many others (and oh my gosh, the benefits that are disappearing), it’s only natural to consider what realistic job benefits are or were worth money to me.
|But does the robot dream of job perks?|
Job perks worth cash
- Casual dress. I don’t mind looking nice, and I know it is always important to have a good fit and clean clothes, but I am not interested in needing to maintain an expansive, expensive professional wardrobe (which is especially more difficult when it comes to plus size finds).
- Time off flexibility. This is both a realistic benefit for people with medical conditions, but also an emotional benefit to know you’re valued and trusted by your company to make decisions about your time but also responsibly fulfill your duties at work.
- Positive environment. This is likely more about the hiring and the industry, but a young company with a cool vibe might be worth cash to me.
- Onsite, free gym. Onsite is awesome enough, but a free gym? Winner! It would make it a lot easier to exercise with coworkers or to simply tack on an hour before, during, or after work.
- Free food. Obviously this would have a cash value because you would save on groceries, but even more than that would be the time save when it comes to shopping, preparing, packing, and cleaning for food preparation. You could still try fun recipes at home on the weekends!
Obviously it would be nice to have these benefits at one job with a desirable salary, but few people are able to pull off that combo.