Guys, I’ve discovered Yam Noodles. And if you knew about these and didn’t tell me, I’m a little disappointed. But I’ll get over it, because I’ve found them.
If you’re Paleo AIP, this recipe might make you weep with joy. You finally get to enjoy chewy, delicious, noodle-y noodles. Without wondering if you’ll be up all night barfing (or is that just me?).
Korean Yam Noodles for Paleo AIP Dishes
These yam noodles were less than $2 at a local Korean grocery store. They come in linguine-like width and angel hair-like width. And they rocked my world.
These aren’t perfect as a spaghetti substitute, but in thai dishes it will knock your socks off. We plan to try them with spaghetti-type dishes too, and I’ll report how it goes.
As for “side effects,” I noticed a particularly poofy stomach later in the evening, but I otherwise felt fine. I’ll update this if anything unfortunate happens, but I’m pretty sure this is my go-to once in a while thai dish treat. JHubbs may get it more often.
Pad See Ew-Like Paleo AIP Recipe
This recipe will call for some strange stuff if you’re new to Paleo AIP. But I recommend you invest in these spices and additives because they will make your asian-inspired dishes come out just as good as a restaurant!
4TB coconut aminos (soy sauce replacement)
2TB fish sauce
1/4 cup lime juice, fresh is best but jarred is fine
1/4 cup mint leaves, cleaned and diced
1/2 cup cilantro leaves, cleaned and diced
2TB Lard (or coconut oil)
4 Services meat (I used flattened chicken)
1/2 Large white onion
1/2 cup green onion, sliced and diced
Recipe Steps for Deliciousness
- Soak your noodles in cold water, starting 10 minutes out from when you will cook dinner.
- Halve your chicken breasts, then flatten using wax paper and mallets.
- Place your soaked noodles in a pot. They’ll be a little softer, but not chewy yet. Put this on the stove at medium heat to boil until done.
- In a separate pan, heat your oil or lard with your garlic and white onion. Cook until translucent.
- Add your raw chicken and fry until done.
- When just about finished, add coconut aminos and fish sauce.
- Strain your noodles, then drop into the pan with the chicken and brown sauce. Mix around and flip a few times, pretending you’re on a TV show.
- Put the whole mixture in a bowl and mix with green onion, cilantro, and mint. Let sit so the herbs wilt.
- Eat and cry a little bit.