Instead of going crazy about the long (long) list of things I could do to be a better human being, I’m going to pick two and really nail them.
Here are mine for the year 2013:
New Year Resolution: Health
The best way to bring our A-Game at our jobs and in our personal lives is for both of us to be in the prime of our health. For us that means reaching a healthy goal weight for both of us and centering our lives around an active schedule. To reach this goal, here are three things we will focus on:
- Planning meal times and social times around our weekly workouts.
- Exercising at the same time whenever possible.
- Doing something active at least once on the weekend.
New Year Resolution:Wealth
JHubbs and I want to knock out our consumer debt. An aggressive payment plan of $1000 per month will have us free and clear by October of this year. To achieve this goal, we plan to do the following:
- Brainstorm, discuss, and stick to our weekly budget.
- Make good long-term decisions like not using credit cards, not taking on more debt, and not shopping above our means.
- Be conscientious about monthly spending on groceries, home care items, gas, and utilities.
If you need help coming up with your own New Years Resolutions, try the New Years Resolutions generator for a laugh, and here are some easy ones from Huffington Post.