Farewell, October, I am 28! Here’s how we did with our goals for October:
Read three books.
You know how I said reading was a good way to fight the blues? Since I started feeling better this month, I fell off the reading train. I hope to get back on in November so as to proactively de-stress.
Track 30 more days of health.
The good news is that I started feeling great, so I stopped tracking my health.
Create weekly time to work on my ACFPE accreditation.
I did okay at this — the first two weeks of the month I sat down and cranked out some studying and felt great! The second two weeks I did not for health reasons. I think November will be very successful, and if I stay on track I will be able to take the test before the end of the year. Here’s hoping….
Have two successful shows in Virginia Beach.
Both races were a smash success! And fortunately we took the leap and invested in an event tent and a large tarp, which kept us dry during the crazy rainstorms on both weekends. It was especially nice to “run away” to the beach for a mini vacation.
Tweet and post on Facebook at least once per day.
I am just not good at Facebook. Forgive me?
Use my own photos on 100% of my posts.
Success! It was definitely a challenge, but hopefully it will become more of a habit to take photos and then I’ll have a wider selection to choose from.
Pay off our medical bill.
We were able to meet this financial goal, among others.
Celebrate my birthday in a relaxing way.
Since my birthday fell on a normal work day, I had no choice but to keep it low key. We ordered from my favorite Thai restaurant and the best gift of all was getting ALL the leftovers. Thank you, JHubbs!
|A monument to Virginia Beach!|
Our goals for November
- Celebrate our first anniversary in style. Indulgences are important! While my instinct is to save money and just appreciate being together, I think there is something to be said for taking a few hours to truly indulge.
- Read two books.
- Try two new crock pot recipes. I am still in love with my crock pot, even though it did me wrong on two recipes.
- Exercise twice per week with JHubbs. JHubbs is still doing a great job, but lately I’ve been not joining him because I am so tired. I’d like to prioritize that for this November so as to pre-empt holiday stress.
- Dress up for work once per week. This is something I would like to try to see if it has an effect on my mood and how I am viewed in the office. A social experiment!
- Use my own photos on 100% of my posts.
- Limit gluten and wheat products to once per day. It seems obvious that this is my optimal health recipe for not feeling ill. Just got to stick with it! We tried a week of Paleo this past month and it is definitely not for us — JHubbs was super hungry and lost a lot of weight in a matter of days.