- Paleo Batch Cooking: How I Make 12+ Meals in 2 Hours (Empowered Sustenance)
- Going Paleo with a Crazy Work Schedule (Paleo Leap)
- The Art of the Weekly Make Ahead (Paleo Leap)
I also have my meal plan templates online. Meal planning things I like to have include glass containers (ball jars or old spaghetti sauce jars), pyrex containers (great for fridge and freezer) and plastic bags. Plastic containers for food aren’t doing your hormones any favors.
Here’s what JHubbs and I do in our kitchen to keep things rolling as smoothly as possible (whenever I’m on the ball, at least… lately it’s been food scraps around here because work is crazy!):
- Breakfast is almost always frozen organic vegetables with frozen sausage. We go through about 4 boxes of sausage and 4-5 bags of frozen vegetables each week.
- Sometimes I make this crock pot pork and it’s food for dayyyyys. We mix it up with different flavors: one night with guac and salsa (mexi), one night with coconut aminos and ginger (thai), and one night with BBQ. (Keep in mind I’m AIP, so I don’t mix it up as much because salsa and BBQ aren’t in my meal plan).
- I also like to make a big london broil (pan sear and finish in the oven at 425) and it lasts for 3-4 meals for both of us (over a salad, mixed with frozen vegetables and a simple dressing, or just plain).
- We send JHubbs to work with the following “go” snacks:
- “Just Fruit” bars (Costco)
- mini guac pac from Wholly Guacamole
- sweet potato chips (costco, Trader Joes)
- olive oil potato chips (trader joes)
- jerky (Crave, Real Jerky, EPIC bars)
- bulk mango slices (whole foods)
- I like to cook 4-5 sweet potatoes in the crock pot or oven at a time, then feed off of them each meal for a few days (just heat, whip up, and eat!).
- Desserts! Fun paleo baked goods (once you stock up on coconut flour, arrow root flour, palm shortening, and spices). Also, THEO dark chocolate bars are totally paleo and lovely to eat. We also like the Coconut Bliss chocolate coconut ice cream (…I don’t like the taste of other coconut products).
- I keep pounds and pounds of carrots on hand