Here’s how August went for me:
Get back on that ACFPE Accreditation horse by planning weekly study sessions.
I have really let this slide. Not sure what to say…. Until I deal with this Hashi Mind Fog, there’s just nothing to be done….
Exercise three times per week
SEAL Team has been an investment in our entire family’s health. It was an extra expense to add into our bottom line, which stinks, but it also has kept us exercising consistently, together, and joyfully. The difference in JHubbs is incredible! However, the last two weeks of the month I fell off the wagon. I can blame it on a lot of things (my health, my commute) but I choose to look forward to next month and do it up right.
Read two books
This has been my #1 way to avoid the blues and it totally works! Anyone who tends to get stressed and also doesn’t read trashy books should really give it a chance. I read the following in about two weeks:
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone
The Vampire Academy Series:
- Vampire Academy
- Shadow Kiss
- Blood Promise
- Spirit Bound
- Last Sacrifice
And I’m sure this is totally normal, but finishing an entire series so quickly backfired on the blues a little bit. I’m so sad to have lost an entire world/culture/group of people. I know it was a crappy little YA vampire series, but I got attached!!
Be social each week.
Since JHubb’s performance at a local half marathon doesn’t count, we have not been very social at all. I did team up with my mom and sister-in-law and throw a successful baby shower for my other sister-in-law. Hooray for babies!
Earn $100 in side-hustle income.
Success! We really cranked it out and earned at least $100 through Blogmutt. Someday I would like to not be involved in any kind of content farm, but for now it is a very good convenience for JHubbs and I.
Here are our goals for September:
- Take on a new sponsor. Interested? Email me! To work on this goal, I will set time aside each week to get involved in the blogging world, increase my traffic, and increase sponsor interest. I will also target three companies to gauge interest.
- Review and “pass” a family schedule with JHubbs. Expect a post on this. I am very excited to introduce some more color-coded goodness in our lives and reduce my mental load to reduce my stress, a great idea I picked up from the Wandering Scientist. This will also give us a very quick view of what the week will be like so we don’t overburden ourselves.
- Read three books. I’m going to up my goal to three seeing as I have done very well with this goal. I have a huge stack from the library ready to go.
- Exercise three times per week. This is a good goal for me — attainable and beneficial!
- Throw a dinner party. These are very relaxing and fun events for JHubbs and I, so I would like to arrange one.
- Track 30 days of health in a notebook. I have some exciting news on the health front, so starting yesterday I am tracking how I feel daily. I don’t think I’ll do this for the rest of my life, but a month of figuring out patterns and cycles would do a lot of good.